I have had a tiering week so I haven’t posted the food I created this week. I have cooked some good meals and I will put them up soon 🙂 I love food and my new journey it has taken me on. I love creating it is in my genes. So this is a new avenue that I am exploring and I’m loving it 😀
Today I decided I wanted to have salmon for dinner and I was bored with how I have made it latley. So I searched for recipies in google using ‘paleo salmon’ and this fantastic recipe from PaleOMG came up. Salmon BLT & Avocado in a Sweet Potato Noodle Bun. I made my own version of the bun because I don’t have a spiralizer, so i just shredded the sweet potato. I also only used 1 egg. I also left out some other things so for the original recipe go to http://paleomg.com/salmon-blt-avocado-in-a-sweet-potato-noodle-bun/
OMG for sure..Wohooo this was sooooooo good!!!!!! Thank you Juli at http://paleomg.com/ for being such a great foodie inspiration. You have so many awesome recipies, I love it!!!!
Salmon Burger with Sweet Potato Hash Bun
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 oz salmon (or more, if you prefer)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 slice of tomato
- 1 large pieces of kale
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in ½ tbsp of the olive oil. Put in the shredded sweet potato and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until softened. The shredded sweet potato will turn bright orange when they are cooked.
- Place the shredded sweet potato in a bowl and crack over the eggs. Stir to combine thoroughly and coat all of the noodles.
- On a cutting borad creat 2 circular buns and press down and let sit for a while
- Make the avocado mush in a mixer. Place in the avocado, garlic clove, lemon guice, salt and olive oil in the mixer and blend.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the last of the olive oil. Very carefully use a spachela to lift up the hash and place in the skillet. Cook (without moving) the noodle bun for about 5 minutes and then flip over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until all noodles are compact. There will be a slight char on both sides.
- While the bun is cooking, season your salmon with the lime, salt and pepper. Place the salmon in a skillet or on a grill. Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until it is no longer pink in the center. Set aside when done.
- Place one bun on the bottom. Then, the tomato. Then place on the piece of salmon.Then, the kale. Finally, spread the avocado mash on the bottom of the top bun and place it on top of the kale. Secure with a toothpick before eating.
- Dig in!!!