Hi so today I’m embarking on day 3. But since I work from 5pm – 12am this week I post yesterdays foods that I ate 🙂 Yesterday ended up being a vegeterian day which was fantastic. I love to switch it up. I also believe that as mainly a paleo eater you are some days supposed to be all vegeterain. I beleive that back in the paleolithic times they ate meat when they had been out hunting and the days they didn’t have meet they ate vegeterian. This is just my own thughts about this. Can’t know for sure 😉
For breakfast I had millet flakes meal topped with berries, that recipe will be up tomorrow. For lunch and dinner I had chickpea and carrot patties, recipe below. Snack I had apple and banana and a raw food bar.
Chickpeas carrot patties
- 1 tetra box or can of chickpeas
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tsp arrowroot flour (tapioca or coconut works too
- 1 tsp cummin powder
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- Dash of chill powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil, ghee for frying
- Rinse the chickpeas, chop the onion and garlic
- Put in a food blender and blend till a grainy consistency not smooth. Put in a bowl.
- Shred the carrot and add to the mixture with the egg and seasonings.
- Mix well and create balls and flatten them out to patties on a cutting board.
- Fry the patties on low to medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Til they get a little color.
- Serve with sides of your choice. I used ovenbaked sweet potato, guacamole and salad.